Monday, March 24, 2014

Self-Forgiveness and Moving On

I walk with my Protector
By day and by night
But sometimes a horrid girl
Steps into my sight
She’s a self absorbed wanderer
She gets what she wants
She wants the worst things
And when night comes, she hunts
She looks for more trouble
She lacks any guilt
This lying, cheating, putrid girl
Loves what she’s built
This girl, she grabs onto me
And fight though I may
She pulls me down, down to her
She whispers, “You’ll pay,”
I look to my Protector
He'll keep me from harm
Only to see I've let go
Of His strong outstretched arm
I grab to His hand
Crying “Father, forgive me!”
I do not deserve the grace
And mercy He gives me
The girl looks at me
Her claws slash and cut deep
My soul begs my Creator
I don’t eat or sleep
I beg Him “Please save me!”
Pull me up to Your height!
I can’t do this on my own,
I can’t fight this fight!”
He looks at me graciously
Down into my eyes
And He speaks to me gently
While I sit there and cry
He tells me “That girl in the corner
Can’t be held off by switches
And she can’t be sent off
By your mere mortal wishes;
You have to stand up to her,
Stand straight and tall!
And remember my child,
It was she who answered My call.”
So I look down on this person
She’s who I used to be
And though I find her horrendous,
Without her, there’s no me.
With tears pouring down
From my eyes without care
Forgiveness washes over me
Cleansing her evil stare
God’s forgiveness is essential
Without it, I have no hope
But if I do not forgive myself

I will never be able to cope

No comments:

Post a Comment